Correa renews ART GP contract

ABU DHABI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES – DECEMBER 18: Juan Manuel Correa of United States and Charouz Racing System prepares to drive during Formula 2 testing at Yas Marina Circuit on December 18, 2021 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. (Photo by Joe Portlock – Formula 1/Formula Motorsport Limited via Getty Images)

Juan Manuel Correa will continue racing in Formula 3 with ART Grand Prix during the 2022 season.

The Sauber Junior driver made his return to racing last year after his 2019 accident at Spa-Francorchamps which killed Anthoine Hubert and caused serious injuries to Correa.

Speaking about the renewal, Correa said he believes he will start the 2022 season “on a much higher level” after last year’s comeback as a rookie.

“I am very glad to stay one more year with ART Grand Prix and build on our first season together,” he said. “2021 was not an easy season for me, with lots of work being done both on the sporting side but with the rehabilitation and medical progress in my legs.

“I feel that this season is an opportunity for me to start on a much higher level and get back to where I can be. I want to give a big thank you to ART and my partners for their continuous support, I believe it will be a good year.”

This year’s Formula 3 season begins on the 18th of March with the Bahrain race. Read more about the season here.

Total
0
Shares
Related Posts