Andrew Shovlin agrees that Lewis Hamilton needs to win the final two races for the best chance to win the title.
- Lewis Hamilton trails Max Verstappen by 8 points in a nail-biting title fight.
- There are a maximum of 52 points left on offer and Hamilton needs to capitalize on this to secure his 8th world title.
- The Mercedes trackside engineering director says it is important for Hamilton to win with so little points left on offer.
What he had to say:
- “In a sense, Lewis does need to win both of the races, so it’s nice we’ve actually got that clarity in the objective,” Shovlin told Sky Sports.
- “But the key thing is we engineer a car that we can get on pole and that’s the fastest thing in the race. That’s what we need to do overnight.”
- “If we give that to Lewis, he should do the job. If we give the same thing to Valtteri [Bottas], he’ll certainly be right up there.”