Marcin Budkowski has given an update regarding Oscar Piastri’s chances of getting to Formula 1 with Alpine in the near future.
- Piastri will be Alpine’s reserve driver in 2022 as he looks to find his way to the F1 grid.
- The Alpine executive director admits that Fernando Alonso’s decision will play a big role in Piastri’s chances to drive for Alpine.
- Budkowski states that Alpine would like to have the connection with the Australian even if he gets to drive for another team.
What he had to say:
- “How are we going to make that decision? Well, let’s see next year first.”
- “If the car is quick and Fernando is happy, then we’ll have one type of discussion. If that’s not the case, then we’ll have a different type of discussion.”
- “But certainly we have a great talent with Oscar in the wings, and if there’s no seat available at Alpine, I’m sure we’ll find a solution for him to drive a Formula 1 car and stay in the Alpine family.”