Toto Wolff has made a statement regarding Mercedes’ latest partnership deal with a building materials company Kingspan.
- Mercedes has announced the partnership earlier this week and it was met with criticism from the survivors and families of victims of the Grenfell Tower fire in 2017.
- They sent an open letter to Wolff to express their frustration with the partnership, blaming Kingspan for causing the destructions.
- The Mercedes team principal apologized to those affected by the tragedy and agreed to have a meeting with them.
What he had to say:
- “On behalf of our team, I would sincerely like to apologize to you [those affected] for the additional hurt that this announcement has caused. It was never our intention to do so.”
- “The work of the public inquiry to establish the full causes of the tragedy is crucially important. Prior to concluding our partnership, we engaged with Kingspan in depth to understand what role their products played in what happened at Grenfell.”
- “I know that this does not change in any way the awful tragedy you suffered, or the deep and ongoing pain felt in your community, and I would like to thank Grenfell United for the offer to meet in person for me to learn and understand better. I look forward to coming together as soon as we can.”