Charles Leclerc has spoken about his day at the Jeddah Corniche Circuit that ended with a big accident in FP2.
- Leclerc believes that he has had good pace throughout practice sessions.
- The Ferrari driver anticipates a close battle in the midfield in Saudi Arabia.
What he had to say:
- “I’m sorry for the team that will have to do a big, big work ahead of tomorrow for the car to be ready, and hopefully I will do a good enough job to thank them in the best way possible with a good result tomorrow.”
- “I feel relatively confident. I did a good build up through the day, you know, getting up to speed very little by little, and the pace has been there all day. Just trying different compounds, different fuel loads [and] we need to analyse who is in front and who is behind.”
- “But at the moment it looks like another very tight battle with AlphaTauri, Alpine… and McLaren and ourselves. So, it looks like from fifth backwards it could be a very tight fight like it was in Qatar.”