Christian Horner admits that he feels optimistic after the first day of the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix in Jeddah.
- Horner reveals that the horsepower will not be the key for success this weekend.
- The Red Bull Racing team principal is excited for the battle against Mercedes.
What he had to say:
- “The circuit is a little bit tighter than the data suggested, the corners are a little bit tighter,” he told Sky Sports.
- “So it’s not all the emphasis on horsepower that we thought it was going to be. So that’s encouraging. You could see there’s a tenth or two between the two cars, between the drivers. On this type of circuit, you can find that and that’s really encouraging for us.”
- “It’s gonna be who gets the most out of the tires, the clean lap, gets the most out of the car, and runs as close to the walls as they dare. It’s going to be a fascinating competition. Qualifying is going to be crucial, like all street circuits, and then anything can happen in the race itself.”