Kimi Raikkonen said he is looking forward to the end of his Formula 1 career.
- Raikkonen will retire from the series by the end of the season, something he announced during mid-season break.
- The Finnish driver said he won’t get emotional over his retirement, stating he is happy to close this chapter and move on in life.
What he said:
- “Why would you get emotional about it?” he said.
- “I’m looking really forward, I’m happy that it is soon over, so nothing sad, nothing bad about it. I think it’s good.”
- When asked if he’ll watch the 2022 F1 races, he said: “We’ll see what happens. I doubt that I’ll put on an alarm clock to make sure that I don’t miss it, but I’m sure I’ll see some of them.”