Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton said he feels comfortable as he battles the championship title with Max Verstappen through the final two races of the season.
- Hamilton expressed this battle is different as he chases the eight world title, althought admit being calm as it’s something he has experience with.
- Verstappen might be able to claim the title at Saudi Arabia under certain conditions.
What he said:
- “It’s different in one sense, because we’ve got two incredibly close teams. It’s different because as a team we’re fighting in unchartered territory. Nobody’s ever won eight titles, team or driver – so that’s quite fresh and new.”
- “On the other side, I’m more relaxed than I’ve ever been. I think because I’ve been around a long time.”
- “It’s not my first… I remember how it was with my first championship, and even my second and third, the sleepless nights and all those sorts of things. [I’m] obviously a lot more sure about myself and just apply myself better than ever before.”
- “I know I can’t change anything from the past, but all I can do is prepare the best I can for what’s up ahead of me. And I 100% know I have.”