Guenther Steiner believes that the choice to prioritize the 2022 car over this year’s contender was the right decision.
- Haas has struggled at the rear of the field all season, their drivers often lapping several seconds slower than the top cars.
- The American team has failed to score a point in 2021 so far.
- The Haas team principal commented that the team was focusing on their 2022 car over their current one, sacrificing possible improvements in results.
What he had to say:
- “Hindsight is always a beautiful thing, obviously. Now, I would do something because I know better, because I know what happened afterwards, so you would do things better.”
- “But in general, going back to the real question, I don’t think we did anything wrong. It was a tough season, we knew this was coming.”
- “But I wouldn’t change anything particular like a big change or do something completely different. I would do little things different with the benefit of hindsight, but otherwise no.”