Lando Norris has shared his opinion regarding the ongoing battle between McLaren and Ferrari for P3 in the Constructors’ Championship.
- Ferrari is 39.5 points ahead of McLaren in the standings ahead of the Saudi Arabian GP.
- Norris admits that upgrades helped Ferrari get the advantage.
- The McLaren driver thinks that he is doing his best to help the team.
What he had to say:
- “When they brought their power unit upgrade, for sure that has helped them. They were very good on energy before and so they have a lot of deployment, which in some circuits doesn’t make a massive difference and at some circuits definitely helps, because when we are clipping on the straight and we lose 20kph they just keep going.”
- “I think it has been very close all season. I still believe we have done a better job as a team, I think there have been more races where they have been quicker but just made more mistakes than us, so they should be further ahead.”
- “But it is tough. If I look at it from the Drivers’ Championship point of view, it’s only just but I am still ahead of both of them. Of course I want the team to be up there, but I feel like I have done as much as I can to help out on that side of it.”