Pierre Gasly has shared his expectations for the upcoming Saudi Arabian Grand Prix at the Jeddah Corniche Circuit.
- The AlphaTauri driver believes that the track will be fast.
- Gasly thinks that fresh track surface will make the race weekend even more challenging.
What he had to say:
- “Judging from what I saw on the simulator, Saudi will be extremely quick, with a large number of very high-speed corners, some of them blind.”
- “I think it’s going to be very complicated from a driving point of view and there will be the extra challenge of the track surface being completely new. No cars have ever raced on it, there will be no rubber down and probably some oil will still be coming out of the tarmac, which is what normally happens at a new circuit.”
- “So, we are looking at a street circuit with quite low grip, which is a new challenge as no one has any data from the track.”