Carlos Sainz has shared his expectations for the last two races of the 2021 Formula 1 season.
- Sainz anticipates close battles in the midfield in Jeddah and Abu Dhabi.
- The Spaniard admits that Ferrari needs to work together in order to score as many points as possible.
What he had to say:
- “The last few tracks, it’s a bit unknown. Obviously Jeddah we have no idea what we are going to find there.”
- “It looks like a very high-speed circuit, and we have seen in a high-speed circuit that with cars like Alpine, McLaren, and AlphaTauri, all of a sudden the field compresses a lot when it’s a high speed circuit. So it could be a very tight battle in Jeddah.”
- “Then in Abu Dhabi, with the new changes they’ve done to the track also, it looks like a higher speed track than what it used to be. There are less chicanes, and more high speed nature, and this could also bring the whole midfield back together.”
- “So it will be a very, very tough couple of races. But if we continue working as we are, working as a team, I think we can be confident that we keep bringing points back and delivering like we are trying to.”