Jost Capito believes that the Volkswagen Group has serious plans regarding possible Formula 1 entry.
- The VW Group is set to join F1 in 2026 with the introduction of new power unit regulations.
- The current Williams CEO and team principal and former Volkswagen motorsport director admits that the final decision depends on how exactly the regulations will look like.
What he had to say:
- “I believe it very much depends on the regulations, and the engine regulations for ’26 are not yet out. I think it all depends on that.”
- “If they have been serious – they have been part of the engine regulation discussions, and I don’t think they waste their time in going to these meetings, especially also the CEO coming to those meetings, and not being serious.”
- “But finally, it depends on what the final regulations are if then the Volkswagen Group thinks it makes sense, they might go to the board and ask for a decision.”