Ross Brawn has shared his thoughts regarding the ongoing battle for the 2021 world championship between Mercedes and Red Bull Racing.
- Brawn believes that the competition between different teams spices the championship battle up.
- The F1 managing director of motorsports thinks that the rivalry between team principals also makes the fight more special.
What he had to say:
- “I think there has been a dearth of really intense competition at the top,” Brawn commented during In The Fast Lane podcast.
- “Even when you have a competition between two drivers in the same team, it’s not the same.”
- “I mean, we’ve got this brilliant dynamic between Toto Wolff and Christian Horner, and that’s a great ingredient in the battle.”
- “When you’ve got two drivers in the same team, there’s a sort of different political landscape to that, and it’s definitely not as entertaining as what we have now.”