George Russell is frustrated at the lack of pace for Williams, but adamant on maintaining P8 in the constructors’ standings.
- Williams has found itself without points for 5 races as it grapples with its issue of lost pace.
- Russell’s best qualifying result over the past few rounds is also 13th, to the Briton’s disappointment.
- With two races left of the season, Williams heads Alfa Romeo in P8 in the constructors’ standings by 12 points.
What he had to say:
- “I think everybody within the team is a little bit frustrated at the moment. I think we need to go away and understand what’s changed,” Russell told Motorsport.com.
- “I think we’ve got a few indications. We normally had difficult Sundays but we had really great Saturdays to sort of compensate, and it’s easier to hang onto a position than attack for a position given our car pace.”
- “But for whatever reason, the pace hasn’t been there on a Saturday either, so we need to make the most of it in these last two and make sure we seal that P8, because that’s the main thing for us at the moment.”