Nikita Mazepin spoke about the challenging Qatar Grand Prix weekend for him after finishing 18th last Sunday.
- Mazepin missed a lot of track time in practices because of a chassis change caused by floor damage.
- The Haas driver believes that he could have performed better if there were no technical issues at Losail.
What he had to say:
- “I’m not happy and not satisfied but I don’t really feel like I left too much on the table. I drove most of that race like it was a qualifying run and I was amazed by how much I was able to improve from lap 5 to lap 55 of the race by my own driving.”
- “I think it puts things into perspective when I said I was going into qualifying unprepared on a new track – I had done one run in FP [Free Practice], so…”
- “It is what it is. It is a very cool venue, it’s a cool track and I think I could have done really good things but the weekend just didn’t go our way.”