Christian Horner has spoken about Max Verstappen’s performance during last Sunday’s Qatar Grand Prix.
- Verstappen started the race 7th after a grid penalty, but went on to cross the finish line in the 2nd position.
- Horner puts emphasis on the Dutchman’s start, where he managed to get up to 4th.
What he had to say:
- “I think Max’s recovery today [and] his first lap was stunning,” Horner told Sky Sports.
- “Mercedes had a quicker car than us with Lewis [Hamilton] today [on Sunday], but we were able to come back at them a little bit in the second and third stints.”
- “The car started to come alive. Max’s first few corners were sensational.”