Alpine’s Esteban Ocon says he was glad to help hold back Sergio Perez during the Qatar Grand Prix to help Fernando Alonso claim third place.
- Alonso helped in defending at the Hungarian Grand Prix so that Ocon could claim victory of the race.
- Ocon says he was glad to pay back to Alonso at the Qatar GP, helping the Spaniard secure third place, his first podium after 7 years.
What he said:
- “I slowed him [Red Bull’s Sergio Perez] down a good three seconds and that was what we needed.”
- “It was not easy to defend as Budapest because the straights are longer and he was on fresher tires, so it was a different set of circumstances.”
- “I’m glad that I played my part and I gave a little bit back of what Fernando [Alonso] gave me in Budapest.”