Lewis Hamilton said Mercedes feels “better than ever” ahead of the final two races of the season as he fights for the championship title with Max Verstappen.
- The British driver feels “in the best shape physically” from all year.
- Hamilton also admitted his car is feeling “better than ever” and that he’s ready for the title fight.
What he said:
- “I feel great. I feel in the best shape physically that I’ve been in all year.”
- “Obviously at the beginning [of the year], not particularly that well, so yeah, I feel great. The car is feeling better than ever, and I feel positive going into these next couple of races.”
- “I think they should be quite good for our car, so I’m looking forward to that battle.”
- “We’ve not had an upgrade since Silverstone, so it’s quite phenomenal to see the increments that we’ve been improving.”
- “But yeah, in these last two, I think we’ve just been able to do a better job overall. I hope that we can take this form into those next two.”