Alpine’s Fernando Alonso said he feels “strong and ready” to fight for the championship title in the 2022 season.
- Alonso finished the Qatar Grand Prix in third place behind Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen.
- The Spaniard said he would love to fight for the championship title with both drivers, as well as whoever has the fastest car.
What he said:
- “It’s difficult to predict what’s going to happen in the next few years, but I would love to be in the fight with them and whoever makes a good car next year.”
- “It’s a reset for everybody and it’s up to us to produce a fast car. It’s not like this year, which was a continuation of te last campaign. In 2022 everyone has the same cards so we need to play smarter and hopefully produce a fast car.”
- “If we are in that position I feel strong, I feel ready to take the battle. Let’s see.”