Sergio Perez has reflected on the Qatar Grand Prix, where he finished just outside the podium.
- Perez admits that the strategy was changing throughout the race.
- The Mexican is frustrated with the fact that he crossed the finish line 4th.
What he had to say:
- “We were actually changing [strategy] throughout the race. At some point we were going for one-stop, then two, then one. I think it wasn’t very clear either for us. [But] I think it was understandable from a pit wall point of view that we had to play it safe there,” Perez told Sky Sports.
- “I think we had the podium pretty much in the pocket. I think the Virtual Safety Car… I don’t know if that would have been enough to prevent us from getting Fernando at the end, but it’s a bit of a shame.”
- “We managed to minimize a bit the damage, but I think we should have been on the podium.”