Mario Isola has commented on the issues that the drivers faced during last Sunday’s Qatar Grand Prix.
- Valtteri Bottas, Lando Norris, George Russell, and Nicholas Latifi had punctures throughout the race, which affected their results.
- The Pirelli head of F1 and car racing reveals that the damaged tires will be checked by the manufacturer in Milan.
What he had to say:
- “To understand what happened, we need to send back the tires to Milan and investigate them.”
- “[Fernando] Alonso was avoiding curbs and those tyres are still in one piece so we have to understand if the curbs were the cause, if we had the puncture due to other elements or what caused the punctures.”
- “We have some cuts that are visible on the sidewall, that is the weaker part of the tire. We have to understand.”