Fernando Alonso revealed he is optimistic about his future in F1 and hopes to eventually compete for his third championship.
- Alonso got a taste of what it’s like to fight for podium positions again at the Qatar GP. The Alpine driver clinched 3rd place in Sunday’s race, his first podium since 2014.
- Exciting changes to the regulations are ahead, with technical changes that aim to reduce downforce.
- The changes to the sport in the coming years could mix up the pecking order and provide opportunities for more teams.
What he had to say:
- “Well, it’s difficult to predict what is going to happen in the next few years.”
- “But yeah, I would love to be in the fight with them [Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen]. Whoever makes a good car next year… I think it’s a reset for everybody and it’s up to us to produce a fast car.”
- “It’s not like this year, which was a continuation of the last campaign but, in 2022, everyone has the same cards, so we need to play smarter and hopefully produce a fast car. If we are in that position I feel strong, I feel ready to take the battle, and let’s see.”