Toto Wolff has shared his opinion regarding the controversy with the rules after the Sao Paulo Grand Prix.
- Wolff believes that the stewards’ decision not to penalize Max Verstappen for the incident with Lewis Hamilton at Interlagos may lead to bad consequences in the upcoming races.
- The Mercedes team principal admits that he wanted the stewards to clarify the rules regarding on-track battles.
What he had to say:
- “I think it’s very dangerous, because I think what happened [on Friday], and also in Brazil, is kicking the ball in the high grass and hoping that the ball disappears.”
- “If we would have a controversial situation in any of the three races that are to come, can you imagine the polarization and controversy this that this will create? Simply because it’s not clear – it wasn’t clearly formulated.”
- “I would have wished that, even if the outcome was negative for us in Brazil, in terms of the immediate judgment, I would have taken that if the consequent analysis would have been, ‘That’s not on’.”