Daniel Ricciardo has reflected on his performance at the Qatar GP after getting knocked out in Q2 on Saturday.
- Ricciardo admits that he has struggled to find enough speed at certain corners.
- The McLaren driver is not happy with the fact that he has to start the race on the dirty side of the track.
What he had to say:
- “Honestly, I just didn’t have the pace. All weekend, we’ve just been trying to find a bit more and it didn’t feel that bad, but I’m just trying to carry a little bit more speed through a few corners and I couldn’t quite get it to hold on,” Ricciardo told Sky Sports.
- “Just not finding those last few tenths, so we’ll see what we can do. Free tire choice, I’ll take that, but ultimately I just didn’t have the pace.”
- “The insult to injury is [the] right-hand side of the grid is going to be terrible!”