Christian Horner has clarified the comments that he made ahead of the Qatar Grand Prix regarding marshalls.
- Horner was frustrated with Max Verstappen’s 5-place grid penalty for the race, blaming “a rogue marshall“.
- The Red Bull Racing team principal was called to the stewards and got an official warning for his statement.
What he had to say:
- “Some comments were made in our interview earlier when you asked me about the marshalling and I’d like to make it clear that marshalls do a wonderful, wonderful job and they’re volunteers, they do a great job,” Horner told Sky Sports.
- “My frustration in what I voiced earlier wasn’t at marshalls, it was at a circumstance and so, if any offence was taken by any individual, then obviously I apologize for that.”
- “It’s still frustrating to end up with the situation that we had but [it was] a phenomenal recovery by Max and the team today.”