Lewis Hamilton said it is great to be winning races through the end of the season as he battles for the championship title with Max Verstappen.
- Hamilton started the race on pole position and kept the spot, winning the race on Sunday.
- The British driver praised his team for the car and reflected on the issue with the punctures, attributing them to the curbs around the circuit.
What he said:
- “It was pretty straightforward, it was pretty lonely at the front. Of course, I enjoyed those races where you’re battling through, but we needed thoe points today, so I think a real solid job from the team with the pit stops and the car.”
- “I can’t wait to watch the replay of the race to see what happened behind me. I’m not really sure why people’s tires were going, I’m sure it’s the curbs.”
- “I’m really grateful for these points. It’s been a hell of a year, so to be at this point of the year and have back-to-back wins is a great feeling.”