AlphaTauri’s Pierre Gasly is delighted with his performance during qualifying for the Qatar Grand Prix.
- The Frenchman qualified fourth for tomorrow’s Qatar GP.
- Despite suffering a puncture at the closing stages of qualifying at the sstart/finish straight, Pierre is happy with his qualifying performance.
What he said:
- Regarding the puncture, he said: ““It’s a shame, the [second] lap was coming amazingly. We finished P4, but I was another tenth and a half faster in my last lap.”
- “To be honest, I don’t know what happened. I exited on the kerb and the whole front wing went under the car, blew the whole front right tyre and that was it.”
- “Unexpected fireworks coming out of the car, but what is most important is the whole qualifying was amazing, and to finish behind the top two teams is just amazing.”