Andrew Shovlin has revealed Mercedes’ opinion regarding Valtteri Bottas’ performance in the final stretch of the 2021 F1 season.
- Shovlin believes that securing a long-term future in F1 has helped Bottas.
- The Mercedes trackside engineering director thinks that Bottas enjoys driving the Mercedes car at the moment.
What he had to say:
- “Valtteri has always had a lot of a lot of speed there,” Shovlin told Sky Sports.
- “I think as he said, knowing what his future is, having a long-term contract has been quite a big thing. He’s just driving because he loves driving and the car’s working well, and he’s having a lot of fun out there, so we’ve not seen Valtteri as relaxed as he is now.”
- “And he’s doing a brilliant job for us, so we’re happy.”