Charles Leclerc has reflected on a very challenging Qatar Grand Prix qualifying for him as he did not get to Q3.
- Leclerc reveals that he suffered a lack of grip on Saturday evening.
- The Monegasque admits that they need to find the cause of the issues.
What he had to say:
- “Normally I’m quite good at understanding what’s wrong, in a qualifying lap especially, which is one of my strengths. But this one is a very strange one. I just had no grip from all four tires. It’s not like I had a balance issue or anything like that. I was just struggling with all four tires with grip.”
- “So we need to look into it whether there was anything strange or not. If there’s not anything strange, then I will be very happy to understand what I did wrong. Let’s see.”
- “I have no idea why [issues appeared]. The tires just felt at their limits. I don’t know if I wasn’t putting the car, the tires in the right window before the lap. I have no idea for now, but we need to find an explanation.”