The FIA will take an additional look at the rear wings of every team amid the latest Red Bull/Mercedes controversy.
- The additional tests will take place after the Qatar Grand Prix qualifying.
- The FIA looks to get more information about the rear wings, so the teams will not face any exclusion.
- “As part of our normal checks we have a very well-defined list of tests that we do, described either in Article 3.9 or in TD018, on all cars to check conformity,” an FIA spokesman said.
- “The tests you have heard about are intended to gather information and do not form part of the regulatory requirements, but rather could lead to new criteria being applied in the future.”
- “We will be reviewing these tests with the Technical Group.”