Charles Leclerc will receive a new chassis for tomorrow’s Qatar Grand Prix.
- The Monegasque suffered problems during the qualifying session which he couldn’t understand.
- An investigation from Ferrari found that Leclerc’s chassis suffered a crack during qualifying, and needs to be replaced.
- Ferrari expects Leclerc will be able to maintain his qualifying position.
What they said:
- “After Leclerc’s car was checked, a crack was found in the chassis, probably as a result of going over the kerbs on the first run in Q1. It will now have to be changed.”
- “If all the work is done within the time allowed by the sporting regulations, Charles will still start from his qualifying position.”