Fernando Alonso has spoken about his performance so far at the Qatar Grand Prix after finishing 5th in qualifying.
- Alonso admits that he likes driving around the Losail International Circuit.
- The Spaniard believes that Alpine performs better at certain tracks.
What he had to say:
- “I think the whole weekend has been OK. I’ve been positive all weekend about the car.”
- “It felt very nice in FP1, the track is lovely to drive with the high speed corners and now, with the light cars on the new tyres, it feels fantastic. I told the team I could be driving all night long if they give me fuel!”
- “But it seems that some circuits are better than others for our package, like Istanbul, Sochi, and here [Qatar]. There are some similarities on those circuits. we need to study what we are missing in some of the circuits. Let’s see, because points are given tomorrow. Saturday is a good thing, but we need to maximize this position tomorrow.”