Valtteri Bottas reckons his weekend at the Losail International Circuit started smoothly, despite driving on unfamiliar turf.
- Bottas finished ahead of teammate Lewis Hamilton in both free practice sessions on Friday.
- Bottas clocked a lap in FP1 that placed him third fastest, 4 tenths shy of Max Verstappen at the top of the sheets.
- The Finn closed Friday sessions off by dominating most of FP2 at the head of the field and lapped 2 tenths quicker than the nearest competitor.
What he had to say:
- “Today started nicely with the set-up. The balance was pretty good in [first practice], [with] only minor tweaks to be done for FP2.”
- “I would say that’s an ideal way to start a weekend on a new track. I think the team did a really good job on the guesstimation of the setup and it’s not far off the sweet spot.”
- “Obviously, there’s always work to do and even driving-wise, [with] two sessions, you can’t yet find all the speed there is available, so for sure we’ll keep working.”