Franz Tost has shared his thoughts about Pierre Gasly’s performance at AlphaTauri in the 2021 Formula 1 season.
- Tost believes that Gasly got to improve in terms of working with his car.
- The AlphaTauri team principal is impressed with Gasly’s approach to qualifyings.
What he had to say:
- “Pierre is always increasing his performance. Because if you compare him now with at the beginning of the season he made another big step forward from his behavior in the car, from the understanding of the technical side,” Tost commented at the Sao Paulo GP.
- “We had just now the technical debrief and he changed so many positions from the mapping site in his qualifying lap. And this shows how matured he is, how good he understands the technique of the car, because these cars and power units are so complicated.”
- “Changing some modes during the qualifying lap helps you to improve the performance and he did it in a fantastic way and therefore he is 5th.”