Alfa Romeo Racing has officially confirmed that Antonio Giovinazzi will not drive for the team in the next F1 season.
Why it matters: The announcement increases Guanyu Zhou’s chance to get the available seat at Alfa Romeo.
- Giovinazzi became Alfa Romeo’s full-time driver in 2019.
- The Italian has scored 18 points so far with the team and achieved his best finish in F1 – the 5th place at the 2019 Brazilian GP.
- “Saying goodbye to a driver is never easy, especially so in the case of Antonio, who has been part of the team for so long,” the team principal Frederic Vasseur said.
- As we part ways, we will cherish the memories of the good times and learn lessons from the bad ones, knowing these moments all made us grow together as a team.”
- “We wish Antonio the best for his future after the 2021 season: before then, we still have three races to achieve some good results together and finish the year strongly.”