Yuki Tsunoda revealed his clash with Lance Stroll during the Sao Paulo GP greatly hindered his race as he admitted it was “a risky move”.
- Tsunoda collided with Stroll on lap 4 of the race, damaging his front wing and triggering the Safety Car.
- The Japanese driver dove up the inside of the Aston Martin at turn 1 in a late move that ended in a spray of bodywork across the track.
- Tsunoda finished the race 15th after fighting with Stroll for 12th early in the race.
What he had to say:
- “Everything was ruined with the collision with Lance Stroll, he was not looking at all in the back mirror, definitely, he just drove a normal line.”
- “It was a risky move. But still, I didn’t have any lock-up in the first bit and I [only] had a little bit of lock-up because I realized that he was not looking at all, so it’s a shame.”
- “That move was there, it was fine so it’s a shame. But we’ll have to be back stronger next race.”