George Russell found Sunday’s Sao Paulo GP to be a challenging race after struggling with pace all weekend.
- Russell reported after Friday qualifying that the team was struggling with its form after him and teammate Nicholas Latifi finished 18th and 17th respectively.
- The misfortune continued on Saturday, with Russell finishing 17th during Sprint Qualifying.
- The Briton then went on to make up four places during Sunday’s race, but still came up empty in terms of points.
What he had to say:
- “It was a really, really tricky race until the last stint.”
- “We seem to really struggle when the tires are degrading and you’re getting this pickup, and it seems to affect the aerodynamics of the car quite a lot. When we put the new tires on the car, it feels like it completely transformed [the] car.”
- “Overall, I can’t be too displeased with moving up four positions, given how off the pace we’ve been this weekend.”