Lewis Hamilton will retain the fresh engine fitted before the Sao Paulo GP for the final three races of 2021.
- Mercedes chose the Sao Paulo GP weekend to give Hamilton a new engine and take a grid penalty.
- This decision worked a treat for the Silver Arrows as Hamilton gained a huge advantage down the straights compared to his rivals.
- The seven-time champion won the race in Brazil and is hoping to capitalize on the extra pace provided by the new engine.
What Toto Wolff had to say:
- “We are going to the end of the season now with this engine.”
- “We still have questions over reliability, but we hope we have the right answers. We’re going to the end.”