Toto Wolff is not satisfied with the race direction’s decision not to investigate the incident between Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen.
- Hamilton and Verstappen both went off the track in turn 4 while battling for the lead.
- The Mercedes team principal wants to see the footage of the incident from Verstappen’s perspective.
What he had to say:
- “Brilliant racing, hard defending just to the limit. Lewis was clever, super clever, avoiding the contact. So, it was great to see these two super drivers,” Wolff told Sky Sports.
- “But not giving it five seconds [penalty] or so? Come on!”
- “I’d like to see the onboard of Max actually. It’s pretty spectacular how he does it, but I think Lewis cruising around him to avoid the contact was even better.”