Frederic Vasseur has spoken about the collision between Kimi Raikkonen and Antonio Giovinazzi during Sprint Qualifying at Interlagos.
- Vasseur believes that the double overtake on Fernando Alonso caused the issues.
- The Alfa Romeo Racing team principal thinks that they still are in points contention.
What he had to say:
- “I think it was more a misunderstanding. Because they overtook Alonso, one on the left hand side one on the right hand side,” Vasseur told Motorsport.com.
- “I think Kimi didn’t expect to have Antonio on the apex. It is like it is. They had a good chat together, and they are very relaxed at the end of the day. They had a very open and nice discussion.”
- “It’s a shame because the pace of Antonio was good. He damaged the car a little bit, but the pace was good. If we’d had the two cars in 12th and 13th we could have put them into the points, but let’s see. We still have a good opportunity.”