Lando Norris has shared his thoughts about the incident with Carlos Sainz on the opening lap of the Sao Paulo Grand Prix.
- Norris and Sainz had a contact heading into turn 1, resulting in a puncture on the no.4 car.
- The McLaren driver thinks that he could not have done more to avoid the collision.
- Norris believes that he would have been able to score more points without the incident.
What he had to say:
- “I mean, I had to start turning left for the corner and the guy on the inside also knows that, so you have to respect each other, right?”
- “And if I’m a bit on the right side, I’m going to be coming back on at some point and obviously it benefited them a lot more than us, in the long term. I don’t know what else I’m meant to do.”
- “It’s frustrating, because I scored one point and could have scored quite a few more today. Probably Ferrari was still quicker than us today but I would have been ahead of them at the start and they would have had to fight for it quite a bit, I reckon.”