Lewis Hamilton admitted the Brazilian Grand Prix was his hardest weekend as he had to fight through the field due to penalties.
- Hamilton started the sprint race from last and the Grand Prix from P10, meaning he had to fight through the field in both ocassions.
- The British driver finished the sprint 5th and won the Grand Prix in two impressive recovery drivers, in a weeked he called “the hardest I’ve had.”
What he said:
- “I was just pushing as hard as I could. But from last on the grid and then another 5-place penalty was, I think, the hardest weekend I’ve had.”
- “Coming into this weekend, I’ve never ever thought that we would be out to close the gap like we have today.”
- “It feels like a first, because I don’t feel like I had a win for a long time.”