Carlos Sainz expressed his happiness with his start of the Sprint Qualifying for tomorrow’s Brazilian Grand Prix.
- The Spaniard finished the race in third place, meaning it will be his starting position for tomorrow’s Grand Prix.
- Sainz said his start was the one he needed, and that it was a “confidence booster.”
What he said:
- “The start was great. I needed one, because the starts were a thing that I wanted to improve in the second half of the season and to get such a good one today is for sure a confidence booster.”
- “The first three corners I just went into attack, I was always trying to make positions. It was a bit tight with Checo and Max, but we made it stick. From there, I was suffering a bit with the soft [compound tire] until the end, but I managed to get Checo behind and it was always on the limit into turn 1, always very tight.”
- “[The grip] is something definitely to consider. I mean, today is quite cold and low track temperature made the difference to day to make the soft tire a bit better. Tomorrow it’s going to be different, I think. We did our calculations and it looked like they [soft tires] worked.”