George Russell has reflected on the difficult opening day of the Sao Paulo Grand Prix for himself and Williams.
- Russell finished 18th in Friday’s qualifying, while his teammate Nicholas Latifi was 17th.
- The Briton admits that Williams should find a solution to the recent issues.
What he had to say:
- “It just didn’t come together for me. I think Nicholas did a really good job, so well done to him,” Russell told Sky Sports.
- “But as a team we’re struggling a lot and we don’t really know where our form has gone. I think this is the 19th race and we’ve not been in to Q2, twice – so this is only the second time.”
- “We were a long way away – three-and-a-half-tenths. My lap felt OK, but nothing special. It usually comes to us easier than this, so we need to get our thinking caps on and understand where that pace has gone, really.”