Christian Horner thinks Lewis Hamilton holds the upper hand over Max Verstappen this weekend after receiving an engine replacement.
- Hamilton will take a 5-place grid drop at the Sao Paulo Grand Prix as Mercedes opted to replace his engine.
- The British driver claimed pole position at the circuit that was expected to favor Red Bull.
What he had to say:
- “That fresh engine’s obviously pumping out some horsepower for him. So I think second was the best that we could hope for. So to be up there on the front row, we’re okay with that,” Horner told Sky Sports.
- “It’s difficult for us to be able to predict that, but if you look at the relative speed compared to Valtteri, it’s a couple of tenths. So that’s obviously why they’ve chosen to take it here.”
- “I think we’ve got a good race car. It’s going to get hotter through the weekend. The tires are going to be a factor here. It was even pretty cool today, but let’s see in the race tomorrow.”