Lewis Hamilton has spoken about his Sprint Qualifying performance, where he had to start last after disqualification from qualifying.
- Hamilton admitted that he would have been happy with finishing 10th on Saturday before the race started.
- The Briton did not expect that he would storm through the field so quickly.
What he had to say:
- “Honestly, I had no idea what was possible. I didn’t set a limit or a maximum,” Hamilton told Sky Sports.
- “When I was at the back of the grid, just before the start, before we pulled away for the formation lap, I think I might have been able to see 10th and I was like, ‘OK, that’s my goal. I’ve gotta try and get as far up as possible’.”
- “All of sudden, I was chipping away at it much faster, and I really used a lot of different things for fuel today. I just never gave… You can’t give up, you’ve gotta keep pushing.”