Otmar Szafnauer has denied the rumors suggesting he would leave Aston Martin for a role at the Alpine F1 Team.
- There were multiple reports suggesting Szafnauer would leave his current team for a management position at Alpine.
- The Aston Martin boss denied making a move, although he failed to deny he had contacts with the French squad.
What he said:
- “I’ve been at the team for 12 years, I have no intention of leaving.”
- “I love this team. Most of the senior managers, especially through Racing Point, the senior leadership team was recruited and put there by myself, and I have no intentions of leaving them.”
- “I’ve been loyal to this team. I’ve had many, many offers in the 12 years that I’ve been working for this team, especially in the days of the bankruptcy and insolvency.”
- “I could have left many times, but I’m loyal to the employees there.”