Toto Wolff has provided details regarding the change of the internal combustion engine in Lewis Hamilton’s car.
Why it matters: Hamilton has got a 5-place grid penalty at the Sao Paulo GP due to engine change.
- Mercedes are yet to find out the reason for the performance drop.
- Wolff admits that Hamilton will not be able to compete at the high level with the old engine.
What he had to say:
- “We have deg on the engine that, until the end of the season, is just going to continue to decrease in power.”
- “We haven’t yet realised why that is, but we’re just seeing it creep down.”
- “So if we keep the engine, we are going to be for sure not competitive in Saudi and Abu Dhabi.”