Toto Wolff is optimistic that Mercedes can cling on to the championship, saying they “will just continue fighting”.
- Mercedes leads Red Bull in the constructors’ standings by a mere 1 point going into the final four races of the season.
- Red Bull potentially holds the upper hand in Brazil, but Mercedes is not accepting defeat until the very end.
What he had to say:
- “I’m a pretty realistic person. I love motor racing because anything can happen. None of us is ever gonna leave this circuit with the mentality that this is going away from us.”
- “There’s more races to go. There’s four wins to take, four DNFs to suffer and we will just continue fighting.”
- “We know we have a great team. Our car was exceptionally good in Turkey and I think we have [it] all to win.”